Big Forward Network

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Funk Is It's Own Reward: 7 International Funk Jumpers pt. 1

I been sleeping on my peoples, so I am flashing 7 international funk joints as a token of my apologies.

Things are busy round these parts, which is a blessing, so give thanks for sticking around...

Jump It........Hugh

7 International Funk Jumpers


MENAHAN STREET BAND-MAKE THE ROAD BY WALKING

From New York City, this side band is a collaboration between Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings and The Budos Band. Sound familiar?


THE UNIVERSALS-NEW GENERATION

Mega rare 45rpm. Holler at your boy if you got a spare copy. The Universals out of Florida.



DAVID AXELROD-KEN RUSSELL

American producer extraordinaire David Axelrod. You should already know bout him.


T.P. ORCHESTRA POLY-RYTHMO-LES DJOS



SUPER BORGOU DE PARAKOU-CONGOLAISE BENIN YE


Alright. I'm stumped. I know they're African. Just Jump these mugs.


ANANDA SHANKAR-DANCING DRUMS
Ravi Shankar's nephew. Super bad indian boogie.



DAVE PIKE SET-MATHAR


Dave Pike ain't really Indian, but this is some old Psychedelic ish to make you flashback...

No comments: