Big Forward Network

Friday, May 2, 2008

Missing In Action


Between moving and gigging, I been spread too thin to get anything of real substance up, but don't fret, I'm settling in, and getting more time on my hands finally.

While I been too busy to post, I been checking all of my favorite blogs daily, so I wanted to share some links for y'all, and let you know what I been checkin:

Super Duty Tough Work
My man Skip always delivers, whether it be Heavy Metal artwork, Reggae Music, Underground fashion, Graffitti, and just about anything I find amusing. Skip heads his new Clothing Line "Heavy Manners" , and got some quality things to offer. Take a look!
superdutytoughwork.com

Jah School
Jah School keeps me in the loop with Reggae music, whether it be New Riddims, or classic albums. These cats are hard at work, kicking out 5-10 posts a day (minimum). You won't be disappointed!
Jah School

Yard Flex
These people got their finger directly on the pulse of all major Reggae runnings. Any and all newsworthy material passes through this site. Find out whats really happening yard side!
yardflex.com

You & Me On A Jamboree
Based out of Brazil, I really don't know what these guys write about. They are apparently on the Rudeboy/Ska/Rock Steady tip, and kick down alot of old classic music that is hard to find. You can even catch some wicked soul records from time to time. Check out what they got.
youandmeonajamboree.blogspot.com

All Up In Your Earhole
J Blow is a wicked DJ. The kind of DJ that stays very busy on the decks, and strays from the lazy DJ habits of so-called DJs these days. He also dabbles in a lot of remixes, and has a good ear for Good Hip-Hop, Funk and Soul. Definitely put this in your RSS!
allupinyourearhole.com

DJs Alive
Run by DJ Alive, this blog deals with remix services, and re-edits. From classic Cameron Paul Vinyl, to nowadays DJ Slick edits. There are also handfulls of party break releases, and anything party rockers need to seal the deal.
DjsAlive

Who Cork The Dance
These cats are helping to preserve Reggae history, by digitizing Classic recordings of Live Jamaican dances, dating as far back as the 70's. You want to really get a lesson in Dancehall culture, this is the place to start.
whocorkthedance.blogspot.com

Royal Jelly Reggae Show
I also been real busy putting the our Reggae Radio show together, and have been blessed with two weeks of heavy interviews with up and coming artist J Will, as well as Legendary artists Michigan & Smiley, Sammy Dread, and Johnny Clarke. The show is Mondays from 8pm-10pm (PST), and can be accessed either directly on Jelly Radio, or through Itunes Radio Stations. Go the Hip-Hop section and look for Jelly Radio.
Royal Jelly On Myspace
Royal Jelly Playlist Blog

RSS Feeds
Thanks to my friend J Blow, I was put on the technology known as RSS Feeds. If you are not a beginner, you can skip this. New Bloggers might want to make use of this technology. Most e-mail services offer a RSS widget, but I personally prefer to use my iGoogle page. If you have gmail, create your own custom homepage, and add the RSS feed widget. Then you want to to start your google Reader page. There you can subscribe to blogs, and never miss content. You also have the advantage of not having to troll the blogsphere trying to catch up on posts you've missed. With the iGoogle homepage widget, new posts arrive daily just like e-mail... Please allow me a late pass on this shit, I'm not as computer savvy as others.

Last but not least:
In place of a music link today, try this:
Mega Super Mammoth MP3 Blog List « Gravy Bread
Here is a big list of Music Blogs you can filter through and check some for yourself
Click here for more Blogs

Jump that shit!
Hugh

1 comment:

JBLOW said...

oh snap... thanks for the shout outs.